Santorini Archaeological Tour (6 hours approx)
This tour has been created for people who love history.
The places you will be visiting are the following:
- Akrotiri Excavations (closed on Monday’s)
- Ancient Thira (involves a lot of walking, no car access)
- Archaeological Museum in Fira
- Museum of Prehistoric Thira
On the way you will also see:
- Fira town
- Megalochori village
- Kamari black sandy beach
- Oia village
Our Santorini Private Tour, gives you the opportunity to see all the places that Santorini is so famous about and to enjoy the breathtaking views. Since the tour is private, we are totally flexible and we can tailor it to your needs so you can swim, shop, have lunch and enjoy the day as you please. Your vehicle will be new and air conditioned and your guide will speak fluently English.
Things you need to know:
1. The cruise ships are too big for our ports, therefore your cruise ship docks in the open and tender boats will bring you to the shore.
2. The volcano of Santorini is in the middle of the ocean, close to where your ship will dock so if you wish to visit it, you will need a separate boat tour but this will take valuable time that will not allow you to explore the main island.
3. You need to inform your ship’s reception a couple of days in advance that you will explore the island independently so they will give you priority to get off the ship.
4. Once the tender boats will reach the Old Port, in order to access the main island you have to get a cable car ride and this may take a while. Because there are stairs during this process, it is not recommended for individuals with mobility issues. The tickets for the cable car cost around 4 euro and runs every 20-30 minutes.